1 medium red onion / thinly sliced in half moons
1 cup / warm to hot water
1/2 cup / vinegar (I like a mix of red wine and apple cider)
1 tbsp / sugar
1 tsp / salt
- Pack red onions into a mason jar tightly
- Heat up water and vinegar until it’s hot enough to dissolve sugar and salt. Then, mix in sugar and salt.
- Pour liquid into the jar, filling it up until the onions are completely covered.
- Tightly seal the jar and let sit at room temp for an hour, then move to the fridge.
- Take out of the fridge and use when the onions begin to take on that pink color!
*These onions stay good in the fridge for about a month. In my opinion, they’re the best after they’ve been pickling for 2+ days.
*I love to put them on avocado toast, salads, bagels with cream cheese, or anything else that needs something brine-y and pickled!